Thursday, December 4, 2008

Waning memory and sanity

Yesterday, I felt very ill. So I was already not in a good place to start. In the shower, I keeled over in pain and must have struck my head because I don't remember anything and suddenly the water was cold. I don't even remember if I shaved or used conditioner.

Then yesterday, I SWEAR I was drinking a bottle of water at my desk all day. I get thirsty and go to grab it, and it's gone. I look around, but no bottle anywhere. Check the trash -- no bottle. WTF. Did I imagine I had been drinking water all day? Or did I leave it in some REALLY random spot that I'll never find? No clue.

And this morning... I walked into the shower still wearing socks. GO ME!

Back to being ill yesterday, I skipped my afternoon dose so I'd be able to sleep off the sick. It worked. I got home, crashed until I was woken up around 8pm by people demanding dinner, and then I was back in bed by 11pm (maybe earlier, can't remember). I slept really well too -- I didn't wake up and wander around in the middle of the night. Still not waking up so well. I even tried taking my pill an hour before I'm supposed to wake up, but it never works for me.

I did not skip my afternoon dose today, so we'll see how well I'm able to sleep tonight. And I'm also feeling 80% better, so that's a plus.

4 comments:

Bombolino said...

Hey there! are you still taking notes on your condition and coping?

Frank said...

This site offers recent research and news articles about insomnia, sleeping disorders, well being and health issues.
http://www.dailyrx.com/

Norman Dett said...

Hi,

I came across the website, which offers good prices on stimulants like Provigil are they good for excessive sleepiness?

Thanks

Unknown said...

Hey!

I have you tried diet as a form of treatment for your narcolepsy?

I found it to be the most impactful for me, even beyond medication.

Hope this helps.

-Peter