Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sleepy Saturday

I went out for sushi last night with two college friends, and I stayed out way too late. Normally, I go to bed within the 10 o'clock hour, but I got home around 2:30am last night. Ouch. Still, I set my alarm for 8:30 knowing I would hit snooze a few times. I had planned on getting up at a decent hour, having lunch with Todd (my fiance) and the girls (his two daughters who live with us), and then hitting up various home improvement stores to find materials for our half bath remodel. However, I woke at 11am from the kids dragging their turtle tank into the bathroom to clean it. I managed to stumble into the shower; it took forever since I played with the cat most of the time. So then I have the towel on my head and sit on the bed to see what's on HGTV. My alarm on the cell phone goes off at 1:15pm to remind me to take my meds, but I was going to go ahead and take a first dose when I was done getting dressed, so I shut off the alarm. Suddenly I look around, and it's 3:05pm. What the crap! How did I fall asleep without realizing it, and for almost two hours, nonetheless? I think that's really the most frustrating thing about IH. I have to be very vigilant about staying medicated or else I randomly drop for hours throughout the day. Or worse, I'm out and about and don't take my meds and I have low blood sugar-like symptoms and get dizzy and pass out into a nap for a few hours -- in public. No fun.

Obviously, we couldn't meet Todd for lunch, so now I'm cooking something to eat before we make our excursions. I still have to measure the bathroom to see if it's a possibility to continue our hardwood floors into there since we have an extra box of it left. Might as well use it. I also have to measure to see how much beadboard and trim I need to buy. Todd's best friend is a carpenter that does trim work for a high-end builder in Columbus, so hopefully we can get him to come out and help out. He helped us put in our hardwood floors, which was GREAT to have someone who has a general idea of what they're doing, unlike Todd and me.

Sorry about the tangent. Anyway, I just took 10mg of dextro, so hopefully I'll be ok for a few hours. The heat and humidity aren't helping my sleepiness either. If I'm a success, I just might have to post some pictures to brag about my remodel skills. It's very hard to do hard labor like that and stay awake, so if I accomplish anything, I'm pleased.

No comments: